Dene Lands and Resource Management (Posted 2023-03-01)
The Dene Lands and Resource Management (DLRM), Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation (ACFN), is seeking to fill one (1) full-time permanent position of CBM Guardian. This permanent role consists of 5 days on, 2 days off: Monday to Friday, 7.5-hour days, and 75.5 hours per week. However, schedule and work location may change from time to time to meet operational requirements.
This position is local to Fort Chipewyan, AB., and candidates are responsible for their own accommodations and transportation. The role reports to the Manager, CBM, DLRM, and the CBM Guardian is responsible for collecting the samples and patrolling the land.
• Collection of environmental sampling on ACFN Traditional territory, including the data collection, data management, analysis and reporting.
• Assists in the development of ACFN specific land use policies, guardian policy, safety policy and regulation.
• Understands and adheres to relevant ACFN policies, community policies and provincial and federal regulations (e.g., sport fishery, commercial fishery, mining exploration, hunting regulations, trapping, pollution, etc.).
• Patrols and monitors ACFN Traditional Territory for violations to ACFN policies and regulation.
• Reports land violations in an appropriate manner to the CBM Guardian Coordinator and provides relevant information and/or notifying appropriate enforcement agency (Band Office, RCMP, DFO, Fish and Wildlife, Part, etc.).
• Maintains a current and updated contact list for all relevant agencies.
• Documents information (including photographs) about violations/infractions and maintain daily records while on patrol using Guardian database and field apps.
• Hires, trains and supervises volunteers and field assistants.
• Contributes as a team member to the overall plans and objectives of DLRM.
• Collect data from Elders & Membership’s Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation’s concerns and issues.
• Other duties as required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent or a combination on Education (Grade 10), training and one year of CBM experience or one year of living on the land, may be considered as an alternative to a High School Diploma.
• A minimum of one year of experience in CBM or one year of living on the land is an acceptable alternative to one year of CBM experience.
• Microsoft computer skills (MSWord, Excel and Outlook).
• Clean Criminal Records Check.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence; and own or access to a vehicle.
• Valid Pleasure Craft Operator Card.
• Ability to operate ATV’s, boats and snowmobiles.
• Ability to navigate the water within ACFN traditional territory.
• Ability to work flexible hours – weekends and holidays if necessary.
• Ability to travel as required for the position.
• Ability to be successful with a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
• Willingness to sign a Confidentiality Agreement.
Salary will be dependent on experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates are invited to e-mail a cover letter and a résumé quoting
Staffing Process Number: DLRM/ACFN-2023-006, in confidence to HR@acfn.com
Closing Date: Résumés will be accepted until Tuesday March 14, 2023; by 5:00PM. Employment Equity is a factor in the selection process. Applicants are requested to include in their covering letter or résumé if they self-identify and are a member of the following group: Indigenous People (ACFN, MCFN, FMFN, etc., status or non-status, Inuit or Métis). Preference may be given to Indigenous people.
Marsi cho/thank you to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Lands & Regulatory Coordinator
We’re looking for a Lands & Regulatory Coordinator to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for liaising, tracking, coordinating, and communicating with internal and external stakeholders in matters related to the regulatory processes. Additionally, you will act as a liaison for regulatory and consultation requests from industry and coordinate with appropriate GIR personnel and consultants.
Who are we?
We are Fort Chipewyan Métis, a strong and independent, acknowledged, and united community located in Northern Alberta. Our mission is to preserve and promote our Metis culture through proactive approaches to opportunity. At our very core we value respect, integrity, and community.
Skills, experience, and educational requirements:
Candidates may be given geographical preference in the following order:
You will typically work Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Due to the nature of this role, there may be times when overtime is required to meet operational needs. You will work from home, anywhere in Alberta; however, we will require occasional travel to Fort Chipewyan. The salary for this position starts at $89,000/year.
Apply now at the following link: https://remotable.ca/jobs/13724819/apply.
Elders Support Worker
Are you excited to work with a team that is creating
change and building supports for the Metis members in Fort Chipewyan?
is full-time permanent (7.5 hrs. daily).
The wage is $25 hourly to start, with a raise after probationary period, (based upon experience and education) monthly living allowance, pension and health benefits, after the 3-month probationary period is completed.
As the FCM expands, the organization requires an Elders Support Worker (ESW) that will establish a close and caring relationship with all FCM Elders (members 60 years+) and provide services appropriate to each Elder’s needs. The position includes home visits, housework, running errands, visiting, and creating a link to all required services and community service providers.
Any posts-secondary training considered an assest.
Grade 12 diploma required; related post-secondary training is an asset.
Experience in program development and facilitation.
Ability to speak and understand Cree and Dene is an asset.
Excellent interpersonal, organizational and collaborative skills.
Strong computer skills in social media and Microsoft Office.
Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule, work conditions and environment.
Current Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Checks.
Valid CPR/First Aid and willingness to obtain all necessary training.
Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and Drivers Abstract.
For more information, call the FCM office at 780-697-3111 or check our Facebook page.
Application deadline: open until candidate is hired
Email resumes to email@example.com or drop off at the office between 9 – 4 pm.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We are waiting to hear from you.